Date:      Sun, 30 May 1999 18:14:31 -0500
From:      Constantine Shkolnyy <stan@osgroup.com>
To:        "hackers@FreeBSD.ORG" <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Kernel config script

On Sunday, May 30, 1999 5:39 PM, Mike Smith [SMTP:mike@smith.net.au] wrote:
> > I think its useful if it gets linux people less afraid of FreeBSD.
>
> I'm not sure we want those sort of people.

You don't want FreeBSD to have more users? Do you think it already has
enough users? How many users is enough? What is the goal of the FreeBSD
project? To be the test platform for new kernel ideas exclusively? Why
do you tolerate the presence of the X on the FreeBSD CD-ROMs then?

Making the script is like making more documentation. Is the current
FreeBSD documentation so plentiful that making more documentation would
harm somebody?