Date:      Fri, 01 Oct 2004 09:53:10 -0400
From:      "julesg@newebmail.com" <julesg@newebmail.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   assistance with the LAMAQQ 56k usb modem requested

I am running FreeBSD 5.2.1 on a DELL Inspiron 1150 laptop and am trying to
make a LAMAQQ 56k work with either Kermit or minicom -- either would be
fine, though I suppose Kermit is a little easier to script automate.

I notice that when I disconnect the USB connector I get a disconnect msg
from FreeBSD, it's possible I only need to know the correct /dev/<name>
for the device and I can proceed.

--------------------

[off topic]

By the way, when I very recently purchased the laptop from my computer
vendor, the transaction was handled in such a way that it seemed pretty
clear to me that MS had (very likely) pushed DELL in such a way so as to
avoid the most recent gov't monopoly restrictions but still make it
unrealistic for anyone purchasing a laptop to be offered a non-MS OS
within the US.

How many people were able to purchase their lap-top without paying for an
unwanted MS operating system?  Not me, either.)

I did mention this to a friend of mine who is an attorney (who runs a
non-MS office,) and he asked me to find out if anyone was able to purchase
(or was offered,) their laptop with a non-MS OS.

Anyone?

--jg