Date:      Tue, 3 Dec 1996 16:52:28 -0400 (AST)
From:      "J.M. Chuang"  <smp@bluenose.na.tuns.ca>
To:        smp@csn.net (Steve Passe)
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Great !

> > This is great news for me - since 19:50 MET the SMP kernel is
> > __UP__ and __RUNNING__ ! No more IDE-problems !
>
> its even greater news to me, I was about to go out and buy an IDE
> drive to try and figure out what the f*^& was happening!
>
> Important: for the record, do you have APIC_IO and IDE working?
>
> ---
> > What was the reason ?
>
> it was *caused* by our attempts to autostart the 2nd CPU, as to the
> *reason*, I'd consider giving up my right arm to know why...

I still have IDE problem :-(.

For the latest smp kernel (supped this morning), if the second cpu
is not launched, everything works just fine but as soon as the
second cpu is activated, coredump shows up!

On the other hand, if the system is booted from SCSI drive,
it seems no problem.

motherboard: Tomcat III
smp kernel with option APIC_IO

Jim