Date:      Thu, 26 Dec 2013 14:55:12 -0500
From:      Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Andrew Turner <andrew@fubar.geek.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-arm ml <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Release Engineering Team <re@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10.0-RC3 Now Available

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi

On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 07:48:30PM +0000, Andrew Turner wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 10:25:09 -0800
> Tim Kientzle <kientzle@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
> >=20
> > On Dec 26, 2013, at 8:25 AM, Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> >=20
> > > The third RC build of the 10.0-RELEASE release cycle is now
> > > available on the FTP servers for the amd64, i386, ia64, powerpc,
> > > powerpc64 and sparc64 architectures.
> >=20
> > What do we need to include some ARM images?
> >=20
> > At a minimum, I would love to get an official RC3 build for RPi.
>=20
> I would suggest we could build a tarball of armv6 userland and an RPi
> image to dd to an SD card.
>=20
> Building the former should be straight forward.
>=20
> For the latter, assuming the release target is unable to build the
> required U-Boot binary, we could use crochet. I'm not sure if we can
> use a tarball as the input for this to guarantee both are the same.
>=20

The problem with using crochet is that it requires git on the build
machine, which just adds to the minimum dependencies needed, both for
crochet itself, and (last I was aware) an external uboot tree.

Maybe it is just more sensible to take what crochet is doing, and make
that into a release target.

> Ii would be useful if someone from re@ could update [1] with their
> requirements from the arm developers on this.
>=20

I'll be happy to.

Glen

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi