Date:      Sat, 7 Jun 2003 19:24:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@freebsd.org>
To:        Rik Scarborough <RikSca@kc.rr.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Mozilla locking up under Gnome

On Sat, 7 Jun 2003, Rik Scarborough wrote:

> Any one have any idea why Mozilla will consistently lock up while
> running Gnome.  It does not have any problems while running KDE.
>
> I running 4.8 and the latest builds of Gnome and Mozilla from the ports.

Do you have any error messages, logs, etc. to help isolate why it might be
locking up?  Do you have a gdb backtrace of Mozilla when the lockup
occurs?  What version of GNOME are you using?  What version of Mozilla?
Which window manager are you using?  What locks up (i.e. is it the whole
desktop, or just Mozilla)?  I have been running Mozilla under GNOME for a
while now, and have never experienced a lockup.

Joe