Date:      Sun, 26 Sep 1999 12:50:22 -0300 (ADT)
From:      Bryan Bursey <bbursey@mechv.me.tuns.ca>
To:        thomas@hentschel.net
Cc:        "Michael A. Endsley" <mandm@alaska.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Signal 11 on 3.3 installation

Well folks, I've just been casually watching this thread until now.  Today
I had occasion to do a fresh install of 3.3-19990926-STABLE on a box here.
I can assure you that there are _no_ hardware issues with this machine,
and I too 'Caught a signal 11' immediately after pressing 'ok' in the
network configuration dialogue.  I'm going to attempt to install an older
-STABLE snapshot and then try to cvsup my way up.

Regards,
Bryan

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999 thomas@hentschel.net wrote:

|On 23 Sep, Michael A. Endsley wrote:
|> I tried a new installation of 3.3 (19990918)tonight and got the signal 11.
|[snip]
|> "DEBUG: Signal 11 caught! That's bad!"
|> I tried installing 2 times and it happened at the exact same spot.
|> Any ideas on what is causing this?
|
|I had the same problem with bad RAM. Also, if it was able to go past
|this point, it would panic() later on during decompressing. Try removing
|or swapping memory to find which stick is the bad one.

|-Th

|with "unsubscribe freebsd-stable" in the body of the message

Bryan Bursey, DEng
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
DalTech (TUNS)