Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 2000 12:11:01 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Shawn Ramsey <shawn@megadeth.org>
Cc:        Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>, Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Long User name problem

Shawn Ramsey wrote:

> Well, crap. It appears LOGINS work. I swear it didn't when I posted that
> message. Oh well. The main problem seems to be FTP logins to not work. If I
> change it to the standard FTP server it does, but wu-ftpd which is the FTP
> we use does not. I guess I should try recompiling wu-ftpd first, and go
> from there. The cd command also does not work suchj as cd
> ~longusernamehere. Email with long user names seem to be working ok.

	I would recompile everything that is not working. It probably needs to
pick up the new values for username length from the header files on your
new system. Also, make sure there are no old header files or libraries
around to confuse your apps.

Glad to hear you're making progress,

Doug
--
"Welcome to the desert of the real."

    - Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus, "The Matrix"