Date:      Sun, 12 Jan 1997 18:39:59 -0600 (CST)
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.de>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   Re: Commercial Applications??

Doug White writes:
> On Fri, 3 Jan 1997, Keith Leonard wrote:
>
>> BTW - drop the 'Berkley alternative to Linux' sounds like you are trying
>> to catch up or are afraid of Linux - and you shouldn't be, you've got them
>> beat hands down on almost every front.
>
> You're referring to the note on the spine of the 'Complete FreeBSD' book.
> I have to agree.

Oh.  I thought this was a good compromise between "Linux-bashing" and
introducing as succinctly as possible what the book was all about.
Some of the alternatives I heard were rather radical, and I didn't
think that was appropriate.  If anybody has a different suggestion
about how to attract the attention of a half-disinterested browser in
a bookshop, I'd appreciate it, and I know Walnut Creek would too.

Greg