Date:      Fri, 11 May 2012 13:39:02 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org Stable" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   9.0-RELEASE hangs on probe of CD on upgraded 9.0

I just tried to upgrade my 8-STABLE system to 9.0. Upgrade went fine
until I tried to boot the new kernel. It froze after probing the SCSI
disks (da0). Further testing shows that it was the CD that was causing
the problem. When I disconnect the DVD/CD, the kernel boots fine.

The system is a SuperMicro C25BX mother board. The DVD is PATA,
reported on boot (of 8-Stable) as:
acd0: DVDR <ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P/9P59> at ata2-master UDMA66

I seem to recall seeing a thread on this a while back on current, but
I don't seem to find it, now.

Any ideas of how to get around this? Perhaps I need to update to STABLE?
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558@gmail.com