Date:      Mon, 11 Aug 1997 14:25:57 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Dave Bodenstab <imdave@mcs.net>
To:        jonz@netrail.net, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: utmp format

> From: "Jonathan A. Zdziarski" <jonz@netrail.net>
> Is there a place I can find the utmp file format?

/usr/include/utmp.h

You should familiarize yourself (if you haven't already) with locate(1),
find(1) and probably pick up a ``cscope'' clone such as GNU's id-utils
and build yourself a database for /usr/include and /sys.  Helps find
things a lot quicker than waiting for email  ;-)

sunsite might have something like cscope also, but I haven't looked, and
there might be something in the ports collection.

Dave Bodenstab
imdave@mcs.net