Date:      Sat, 03 May 2003 13:41:05 +0900
From:      Makoto Matsushita <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        ctodd@netgate.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: CVSROOT missing even after using cvsroot-all

Only to questions@, not a current@ topic IMO.

ctodd> I saw the announcement in the archive to add cvsroot-all to the
ctodd> supfile yet no CVSROOT directory gets created. I must be doing
ctodd> something simple wrong.

You should have CVS repository itself to build a release with tools
under plain src/release/*.

ctodd> build command :
ctodd> make release CHROOTDIR=/usr/release BUILDNAME=4.7-RELEASE-p10
ctodd> CVSROOT=/usr/src

Your /usr/src is an 'extracted source tree', not a 'CVS repository'.
Consult cvsup(1) about how to fetch a repository via cvsup.

-- -
Makoto `MAR' Matsushita