Date:      8 Nov 2002 13:57:37 -0000
From:      gicabulica@edison.ro
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   socks5 server compile error

Hello everybody.

I\'ve just received the socks5 server from nec and I tried to compile it
with threads.
The standard procedure works like a charm but when I add the --threaded
options it fails at compilation level.

I get a lot of error about like pthreads_XXXX:
However,  I can read the man pages of this functions and I know that
FreeBSD has suport for POSIX threads (pthreads).

Anyway, I found out that the standard configure file does not find
the right where the libraries are:

checking for pthread.h... yes
checking for main in -lpthreads... no
checking for main in -lpthread... no
checking for pthread_create... no
checking for pthread_self... no
checking for pthread_exit... no
checking for pthread_attr_init... no
checking for pthread_attr_setscope... no
checking for pthread_attr_setdetachstate... no
checking for pthread_detach... no
checking for pthread_sigmask... no
checking for pthread_kill... no

Any ideas?...