Date:      Tue, 24 Mar 1998 23:15:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Ristuccia <brianr@osiris.ml.org>
To:        Ed Greenberg <edg@greenberg.org>
Cc:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG, dledford@dialnet.net
Subject:   Re: Iwill Motherboard

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Ed Greenberg wrote:

> SCSI host 0 abort (pid 9085) timed out - resetting
> SCSI bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0.

I know everyone else is going to suggest this as well, but check your
cables and termination. I had slews of termination with the host adaptor
"automatic" terminaton enabled... Only when I set this option explicitly
did the problems go away.

You need to make sure termination is enabled on your hard drive, and that
it is connected at the very end of the cable.  The host adaptor should be
connected at the very beginning of the cable.  Any unused connectors
should be in the middle, not at either end. If you have no external
devices, host adaptor termination should be set explicitly to "on" in the
ctrl-a screen.

--
Brian Ristuccia
brianr@osiris.ml.org