Date:      Sun, 17 Jan 1999 20:24:45 -0600
From:      Mark Kobussen <skjellyfetti@iname.com>
To:        Martin <Spamoff@tampabay.rr.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ack! Linksys Ether16 ISA

Martin wrote to me... (BTW, I need to get a nice full-screen e-mail
editor like I had on my BBS so long ago...)

> Off you go...have fun...or...post back the latest problem to the list.

Well, I went off (cursing my self for my stupidity).  The whole boot
disk concept slipped my mind, despite the fact that I was once proud of
my bootdisk ability; when hard drives were huge at 120mb, and 4 megs of
RAM could get you laid... Ok, I'm being a bit drastic.

Anyway, FreeBSD recognizes the card now (as it has before numerous
times).  Now my main problem is: connecting to the hub.  Both status
lights are on the card, although it can not detect to the hub.  I have
one connection in right now, from a 100BaseTX PCI card Win95 machine
(which works wonderfully).  For some odd reason it will NOT detect the
connection coming in from the 10BaseT ISA card from the FBSD box.  The
hub is some no name generic 100BaseTX/10BaseT box (Model: KF-4M), which
supposedly does auto detection.

Please help me Obi-Wa...; Martin, you're my only hope..

--
Mark Kobussen
IS - Honeywell, SGP Division

/* '94 Mitsubishi Eclipse NT 1.8L */
/* Fender Stratocaster: Tex-Mex, 3-Tone Sunburst */