Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 2006 09:18:49 +0100
From:      "Greg Hennessy" <Greg.Hennessy@nviz.net>
To:        "'beno'" <zope@2012.vi>, <freebsd-pf@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Spoofers, Spammers & Other Bad Guys

> Hi;
> I'm configuring my firewall and I'd like to make a table of
> "bad guys", preferably one that automatically updates from
> the Web.

As long as you run a default block policy, maintaining an ever growing list
of what are most likely dhcp assigned addresses is a complete waste of time
and a nightmare to maintain.

Spammers can be dealt with in number of ways....

Killing incoming 25/tcp from cidr blocks assigned to various parts of APNIC
and other registries. Much easier and far less hassle than blocking
individual addresses.

Using spamd with graylisting.

> Surely someone else has already thought of this and
> implemented something similar, so could someone clue me in?

Who/what are you trying to block exactly ? Anti spoofing comes as part of a
properly written block policy.

> Also, where do I find a list of devices (lo, fxp0, etc.) in my box?

~# ifconfig -a

Greg