Date:      Sat, 11 Dec 1999 21:33:47 +0100
From:      Rob Kaper <cap@capsi.cx>
To:        Marc Wandschneider <marcw@lanfear.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rc.sysinit alike file in FreeBSD?

On Sat, Dec 11, 1999 at 12:21:33PM -0800, Marc Wandschneider wrote:
> Yeah methinks there is. Not exactly sure how to get around that one ...
> Can you just add an additional line to your rc.local code to check for the
> existence of the timestamp and then skip ?

Not really, because the timestamp will still be there when the system is
_really_ rebooted but it will have to be updated in that case. My uptime
records daemon relies on the timestamp because I've found it a much more
reliable 'boot session' identifier than the boottime given by the system.
(that one changes upon daylight savings, rdate, etc)

It would work if the timestamp could be cleaned upon startup... but if that
was possible, my initial idea would be too, I think.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper | mail: cap@capsi.com + cap@capsi.cx