Date:      Fri, 26 Oct 2001 12:19:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris BeHanna <behanna@zbzoom.net>
To:        <security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Putty & SSH

> On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 10:39:52AM -0400, Bill.Melvin@esc.edu wrote:
> > > I try to connect from my M$ to a Freebsd Box using Putty via
> > > SSH. The keys were produced with the normal procedure
> > > under BSD ...

    I've found that using pagent to cache the keys allows you to do
what you want to do (much like ssh-agent works on real operating
systems--and, as mentioned, Cygwin has real ssh, including a real
ssh-agent, and you can even run sshd and get into your Windows box
remotely, but only as the currently-logged-in user).

--
Chris BeHanna
Software Engineer                   (Remove "bogus" before responding.)