Date:      Sat, 02 Sep 1995 23:35:08 -0500
From:      Jon Loeliger <jdl@chrome.onramp.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Silence on the Western Front...

Well folks, except for one comment from Bruce about why a crock
register read was done, I've not gotten a scrap of input from
anyone one else on the ATAPI driver.  In the last message I even
asked if anyone was interested in it besides me....  Does this driver
work for everyone else?

Others who I've seen express interest are or have exchanged a piece
of mail or two are:

    Steve Wallace, swallace@eng.uci.edu
    Soren Schmidt, sos@FreeBSD.org
    Steven Schwarz, schwarz@optigfx.com

At least one of these people said he didn't have time to pursue it
further at this point in time.  Fair enough.

Paul Richards <paul@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> I'll try and find the problem with my drive this week. I think we'd better
> try and find a lot of IDE cdrom owners out there to thoroughly shake out
> this driver.

Well, I'm trying to help shake it out some, I've been writing up what
I find, I've asked for input, and it appears to be hitting a void as
far as I can tell.

Is anyone willing to help me look at this further?  At a later time?

Terse, I know.  Sorry.

jdl