Date:      Sat, 13 Apr 2002 10:35:37 -0500
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>, <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: gettext upgrade breaks lots of things

On 04/13/02 00:47, "Mike Harding" <mvh@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Just a head's up - I upgraded my ports today, and /usr/ports/x11/gnome
> and /usr/ports/x11/gnome-fifth-toe punked out fairly early in their
> builds, leaving me with a fairly disfunctionaly computer.  I had
> backed out both versions of gettext from my system and then rebuilt -
> the ports generally fail like this

Which ports in particular?  I purposely ran through a full x11/gnome build
(and x11/kde2) before committing to avoid this kind of stuff.

> /usr/local/bin/msgfmt -o zh_TW.Big5.mo zh_TW.Big5.po
> zh_TW.Big5.po:588:13: invalid multibyte sequence
> zh_TW.Big5.po:588:14: invalid multibyte sequence
> /usr/local/bin/msgfmt: found 2 fatal errors

Easy to fix:

In Makefile

- add:
    BUILD_DEPENDS= msgfmt-old:${PORTSDIR}/devel/gettext-old

- add
    MSGFMT="${LOCALBASE}/bin/msgfmt-old"
    XGETTEXT="${LOCALBASE}/bin/xgettext-old"

  to CONFIGURE_ENV.

I'll go restart a gnome build now.. It's possible that I didn't commit the
entire patchset.. Apologies for any confusion.

-aDe