Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 1996 17:44:27 -0700
From:      Brian Howell <bdhowell@genwell.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trying to FTP 2.1.5 from mounted CD-ROM

We've got several FreeBSD machines running.  Two of them are
equipped with compatible SCSI CD-ROM drives.

I want to be able to "sysinstall" additional packages on several
of the machines from the distribution CD-ROM mounted remotely--by
FTP.

I followed the instructions in the CD-ROM's documentation; creating
the FTP user using "vipw" and mounting the CD.

I've then tried dozens of URL permutations trying to get "sysinstall"
on another machine on our subnet to see the CD-ROM.

The CD-ROM is there and properly mounted.  I can see it outside of
"sysinstall."  What am I doing wrong?

Brian Howell