Date:      Sat, 26 Jun 1999 22:49:51 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Jonathon Doran <doranj@Colorado.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: zoom modem questions

>    and reach work.  But tip/cu still continue to fail.  tip bombs with
>    a ``can't synchronize with zoom'' or something very similar.  cu -d
>    follows it's own built-in chat evidently, ignoring what I have set
>    up in /etc/uucp/*.

I'll warn you that its been a while (10 years?) since I've setup tip, and
a lot has changed.  But there are a set of files /etc/remote /etc/modems
and /etc/phones which need to be customized.  In particular /etc/modems
is probably whats doing weird stuff to you.

Have you looked at these?  If so, what is the entry in /etc/modems
for your modem?  Perhaps that'll give me a clue.

ppp is a breeze compared with tip/cu (IMHO)

Jon Doran