Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 1999 00:33:35 -0700
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Takanori Watanabe <takawata@shidahara1.planet.sci.kobe-u.ac.jp>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mrtg,FreeBSD, asus p2b temperature

Takanori Watanabe wrote:

> >Not necessary.  The mainboards of the ASUS P2B series have
> >everything onboard that you need.  We have it working with
> >the intpm0 driver and a tool called "lm" that I donwloaded
> >from somewhere in Japan (forgot the URL, sorry).
>
> Call me?;-)
> If you mention lm.c, it is available from
> http://www.planet.sci.kobe-u.ac.jp/~takawata/smbus/examples/

	Ok, first of all this is VERY cool! Thank you. You have no idea how
long I have wanted exactly this. One question. Is it necessary to open
the smb device read/write? I would like to be able to open it read only
so that non-root users can start lmmon without needing to change the
privs on /dev/smb0, but having read your warnings about the delicacy of
the smb device I didn't want to just go changing things willy-nilly. As
far as I can see nothing is ever written to it.

Doug
--
"Stop it, I'm gettin' misty."

    - Mel Gibson as Porter, "Payback"