Date:      Sun, 26 Jan 1997 02:50:05 +0100 (MET)
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@freebsd.org>
To:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   sea0 boot

Anyone out there booting succesfully off a sea0 device ?
I can't seem to, & `man sea' implies an IDE cohabiting,
which probably is normally used for booting.
	( which isn't the case here (I pulled the IDE card & drive,
	'cos it's got a MesDog FS I don't want to zap just yet).
I'm wondering if sea0 is perhaps tested for running but untested for booting ?

I've tested my scsi disk on another system, & it boots multi user so all is OK
in terms of content, but on the sea0 card,
it stops at the first bar of the spinner after
	"text=0xda000"

BTW  when I try a manual boot with fd(0,a)/kernel (a currrent kernel)
it hangs just after "text=0xcf000 "

I have 2 cards here (not in simultaneously):
	a Qtronix TDC-8850 TDC-885
	a Future Domain TMC885

& when i try the 2.1.6 flops with a kernel -c,
it resets shortly after the spinner.

I have a 100M BSD disk, no fdisk pollution :-)

PS please leave me on CC line, as I've only just despatched a
	subscribe scsi to majordomo
Thanks

Julian
---