Date:      Sun, 3 Nov 2002 15:19:49 +0100
From:      "Kristian Larsson" <kristian@zarknet.tk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   modifying freebsd installation!?!

Hi!

I'd like to make somewhat of my own "distribution" of FreeBSD, if it's
possible and it's license allows such act. When looking at the CD, there's
like a million little files called .aa .ab .ac and so forth.
I have customized my system and building it is no problem. But how do I
transform my system into all those tiny little packages.
From what I've understood the reason for having zillions of small files is
that you could install the system with floppies, since I have no plan of
installing "my" system with floppies this is no requirement for me. So if it
is possible to create just a large file containing the whole system I'd be
just as happy.

Of course, I could always get picoBSD or some other small OS which fits on a
floppy, write myself a couple of scripts to fetch the .tar.gz file
containing my system extract them and then write a boot loader. But I would
much rather use the better-looking install program of FreeBSD.

Regards,
Kristian