Date:      Sat, 23 Jan 1999 22:30:25 -0500
From:      Laurence Berland <stuyman@confusion.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installation problems on machine with win 98

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 2.2.8 (The Walnut Creek CD) on a machine
with win 98.  We made the floppy image off the cd, and rebooted to the
floppy.  We used the visual kernel config choice, and deleted lots of
hardware that the box doesnt have.  We also deleted some sort of console
that conflicted with the mouse, which I assume we don't have, but to be
honest I don't know what it is in the first place.  After finishing
that, we saved changes and exited kernel config.  The machine showed a
grey box in the upper left corner, and was otherwise hung. HelP!!!!

--
Laurence Berland