Date:      Sat, 31 Oct 1998 12:07:03 +1100 (EST)
From:      Jim Mock <jim@phrantic.phear.net>
To:        Craig <CRAIG.A.EVERETT@cpmx.saic.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: About 5.2 Kernel stuff

On Fri, 30 Oct 1998, Craig wrote:

> In 5.2 there is a note under the very first paragraph saying that if
> your kernel didn't install then you need to follow the instructions for
> installing packages. Where are the instructions for installing packages
> or how do I install just the directories for the kernel. I have already
> completed a full 2.2.7 FreeBSD installation and somehow the kernel
> directories didn't make it. Should I just re-install? Thanks

No need to reinstall.  Run /stand/sysinstall (as root) choose
Configure, then Distributions, then src, then sys.  That'll install
the kernel sources.  I wrote a doc to change that handbook page, but
it hasn't been commited yet :-)

Jim

: Jim Mock			| [jim@phrantic.phear.net]	:
: Phear Networks		| web: http://www.phear.net/	:
: A franchise of Triax, Inc.	| -----------------------------	:
: Web Site Design & Hosting	| FreeBSD: The Power to Serve	:
: Wagga Wagga, NSW Australia	| http://www.freebsd.org/	: