Date:      Sat, 06 Nov 1999 17:27:28 -0600
From:      mideyon <leoric@fastlane.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   installation from network cdrom

I am trying to install FreeBSD from a network cdrom. I followed
instructions that were in the booklet that came with the cdrom set but
it didnt seem to work and i didnt see anything on the webpage. Does
anyone know how to do this? I tried putting
ftp:*:99:99::0:0:FTP:/cdrom:/sbin/nologin. in my /etc/master.passwd file
but when i try to install it says that it cannot find the directory. I
have /sbin/nologin in /etc/shells and i have anonymous FTP access
enabled on the computer with the cdrom drive. When i log in manually i
noticed that it gives me normal anonymous ftp access. I did delete the
original anonymous ftp access line in /etc/master.passwd. So how do i
get this to work?