Date:      Wed, 4 Nov 2020 19:48:19 +0000
From:      Thomas Laus <lausts@acm.org>
To:        Paul Pathiakis <pathiaki2@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using OpenBSD guest as PF firewall

Paul Pathiakis [pathiaki2@yahoo.com] wrote:
>  Hi,
> Is there a reason you would want to use OpenBSD versus FreeBSD?
> FreeBSD has pf and I use it on my server at home.
>
> Are you exploring OpenBSD? Did you not know that pf is an
> available firewall on FreeBSD?

The OpenBSD PF firewall is several revisions ahead and more inte-
grated than one in FreeBSD.  The PF versions diverged in OpenBSD
4.7 and the one in FreeBSD was left behind.  I use them both
on their respected OS.  It was very recent in bhyve development
that pci-passthru was finally operational with an OpenBSD guest
and I was building a new server and wanted to test things out.

Tom

--
Public Keys:
PGP KeyID = 0x5F22FDC1