Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 1997 18:15:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      Snob Art Genre <ben@narcissus.ml.org>
To:        "Jesse D. Troy" <jtroy@vt.edu>
Cc:        Soren Dossing <sauber@netcom.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netscape

On Mon, 17 Feb 1997, Jesse D. Troy wrote:

> Soren Dossing wrote:
> >
> > Install from the ports collection (don't download from netscape), and
> > follow the instructions about the mkfontdir etc.
> >
> > Soren
>

> 	The netscape port in the 2.1.6R ports collection is old.  The version
> of netscape it looks for (3.05b) doesn't appear to be on Netscape's ftp
> sites anymore.  I did notice however, that the ports collection for
> FreeBSD current has an updated Netscape port (3.01).  I don't know if
> this port will work for 2.1.6R though....

It works for 2.1.5.  You have to hack the Makefile and a few other files
in the ports directory to get it to build, IIRC, but it's minor enough
that I was able to do it, even though I don't know make syntax.  3.01
works appreciably better than 3.05b, too.

> -Jesse

 Ben

"You have your mind on computers, it seems."