Date:      Mon, 2 Nov 1998 14:34:02 +0100
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        "Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor]" <sperber@Informatik.Uni-Tuebingen.De>, Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PAO 2.2.7 and D-Link 650 - nogo

On Mon, Nov 02, 1998 at 11:40:56AM +0100, Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor] wrote:

> Christoph> I tried now from the PAO 2.2.7 boot floppy and I'm getting the same
> Christoph> ed0 timeout message that I got from my 2.2.7R->2.2.7PAO upgraded
> Christoph> system so I suspect some problem with the
> Christoph> 2.2.7 ed0 pccard driver for this type of card.
>
> I finally got it to work by installing via floppies and disabling IRQ
> 5 taken by the soundblaster on my laptop.  (The symptoms were
> identical to yours.)  I was not able get the PAO boot floppy to work,
> even though I tried disabling pretty much any combination of IRQ's I
> could.

Nice to hear. In my case it might have been an interrupt problem as well
(I have an ESS 1688 sound card in my notebook though it may not
have been activated in the kernel) but it may also have been a
kernel config file problem (pcic1 was enabled and I disabled it).

Don't know if that imposes a restriction for other devices though.
But I assume I don't have a second pcic anyway, do I?