Date:      Mon, 19 Dec 2016 08:18:36 -0600
From:      Kyle Evans <kevans91@ksu.edu>
To:        Matthew Seaman <matthew@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports-list freebsd <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: FLAVORS (initial version) and subpackages proposals

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 2:45 AM, Matthew Seaman <matthew@freebsd.org> wrote:
> Why can't you have both flavoured and unflavoured variants of the same
> port -- eg. devel/example as well as devel/example/foo and
> devel/example/bar ?

It seems like it would make sense to allow devel/example to be a
default flavor so that, for instantiated example, editors/vim-lite =>
editors/vim/lite and editors/vim could potentially be a 'full' flavor
or unflavored, if that's your flavor. I personally learn towards
default flavor, though, because that gives you a chance to be slightly
more descriptive.