Date:      Sat, 6 Mar 1999 09:26:16 +0200 (EET)
From:      Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   telnet problem, a bug?

hello,
sometimes when I connect to my ISP dialup and
have an telnet session and I disconnect before I
close the telnet session, next time I connect I see
myself still logged in to server and idle for 30 to 60
minutes approx.
How come the telnetd is not able to understand that I am not
there?
Is it possible that if somebody knows which port I am connected
at server (or server connected to me?) can connect to server
from the same IP address (since our access server gives random IP
addresses to dialups) and use my account without logging in first?
even without a password?

Evren
thanks