Date:      Sat, 24 Oct 1998 01:24:20 +1000 (EST)
From:      Jim Mock <jim@phrantic.phear.net>
To:        David <david@unet.tm>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help with mail server...

On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, David wrote:

> I am trying to set up an SMTP/POP3 server on my BSD machine.  I have
> the domain name 'unet.tm' and would like to use this for my mail.  I
> need to secure this server so it cannot be used by spammers.  Can
> someone please help me, I looked at the man pages for sendmail and I
> can't make heads or tails of any of it.

Read through the stuff at http://www.sendmail.org/.  I also suggest
upgrading to 8.9.1 if you haven't already.. it'll make it alot easier
for you to secure it against spammers since relaying is turned off by
default.

Hope this helps,

Jim

: Jim Mock			| [jim@phrantic.phear.net]	:
: st0rm Internet Services	| web: http://www.phear.net/	:
: A franchise of Triax, Inc.	| -----------------------------	:
: Web Site Design & Hosting	| FreeBSD: The Power to Serve	:
: Wagga Wagga, NSW Australia	| http://www.freebsd.org/	: