Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 1997 20:44:55 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        kmitch@weenix.guru.org (Keith Mitchell)
Cc:        tom@uniserve.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Small Problem with Linux Emul

> >   Use the BSDI quake server.  It uses less CPU than the linux server,
> > because it doesn't require add as much overhead.
>
> I would, but it is the 1.64 level server that crashes on half the maps I have
> tried and also has quite a few bugs in it that have been fixed in the
> 2.01 server (which only exists for linux/solaris).

Plus doing that wouldn't get the Linux emulation bug fixed.

Were those "ie:" number for "scrambled address" real numbers?

If you can, you should convert them to hex, and look at the output
of netstat -rn and arp -a to see if they are coming from a route,
gateway, NATD or other IP address "translator", or if the hex values
match the actual physical addresses, etc..

Probably it's one of those strange "raw packet" receives, and the
FreeBSD flag values aren't the same as the Linux ones, and the stub
in the emulator needs fixed.

Or it could be a really hairy problem instead... 8-(.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.