Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 2003 15:28:27 -0500
From:      Walter <walterk1@earthlink.net>
To:        Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   MPI / IPC / Sockets / et cetera

Hi all,

    I'm looking for a messaging, IPC, whatever library to
allow live and delayed messaging from one computer program
to another, on the same or on different machines, whatever.
Rather than re-invent the wheel, I went looking at the
ports and saw this: mpich-1.2.4_1.  Is this all? (It seemed
awfully complex for my tastes.)  I have no *need* per se,
but wanted to play around with sending data between one
computer and another, with different programs / packets;
sending any kind of data (not just text).  (Sorry I can't
be precise.)  Can anyone suggest a package / port to study
or adopt?

Thank you in advance.

Walter