Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 1997 22:28:42 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   FXTV v0.3 available

     Thanks to Steve for his hard work on the tuner and capture control
enhancements to the bt848 driver, and to Amancio for fixing the driver
lock-up.

New features in 0.3:
- Tuner support
- Bt848-specific capture appearance control support
- Rsrc file, command line, and GUI menu/tool/dialog additions for the above
- Changes to coexist with other bt848 driver-tweaking programs
- Don't close/open-cycle the driver anymore on CAPTUREStop (drvr bug fixed)

     Still lots on my future features list, but I thought this might be a
good point to make a snapshot.

Some driver problems you can see with this version of fxtv:

1) On a Wincast, you'll only hear audio from the RCA inputs on your card
   coming out the audio out plug (connected to soundcard), regardless of
   which capture input is selected in the Input menu.  The video with
   your selection though.

2) Freeze frame doesn't always capture two whole fields.

There a few GUI bugs I need to work though as well, like visibility
occlusion from the Appearances dialog not stopping direct video, etc.  I'll
look at the audio mux deal in the driver next as I'd sure like to hear
sound when I'm on tuner.

As before, all suggestions, fixes, and enhancements welcome!

Randall