Date:      Mon, 20 Apr 2015 20:36:10 +1200
From:      Nathan Ward <freebsd@daork.net>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "=?utf-8?Q?freebsd-mips=40freebsd.org?=" <freebsd-mips@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Address error trap in ng_netflow on MIPS

On 20 April 2015 at 18:27:31, Adrian Chadd (adrian=40freebsd.org(mailto:a=
drian=40freebsd.org)) wrote:

> Hi=21

Hey :-)

> The problem is that the frame is unaligned and MIPS doesn't do
> unaligned accesses for you.
> =20
> So yes, you either replace them with a memcpy of the header into
> aligned memory first, or you modify everything to use macros/inlines
> that treat the data as a char array (1 byte aligned) and do char
> accesses to get to it.

OK, I=E2=80=99ll look in to this, memory alignment isn=E2=80=99t somethin=
g I know intuitively, so, reading time.

Any insight in to why this only happens when trying to transmit a DHCP re=
ply packet=3F This is quite odd to me, given other packets I=E2=80=99ve t=
ried work fine, and a DHCP reply is unicast, so is nothing special.

-- =20
Nathan Ward