Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 2016 22:14:25 -0500
From:      "Curtis Hamilton" <hamiltcl@verizon.net>
To:        "'Andreas Tobler'" <andreast-list@fgznet.ch>, "'Steve Wills'" <swills@freebsd.org>, "'Justin Hibbits'" <jrh29@alumni.cwru.edu>
Cc:        "'FreeBSD PowerPC ML'" <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Native OpenJDK8 for PowerPC64

Testers Wanted!

I looking for anyone who is interested in a native OpenJDK8 (Mixed mode) for
PowerPC64.  I been successful in modifying the AIX/Linux PPC code and build
a native (non-zero) JDK8 on FreeBSD PowerPC64.

To validate the build, I made a couple of regression test runs with results
similar to what I got for the Zero VM build.  However, performance is a
magnitude better than the Zero VM and I've used it to run several heavy duty
apps, like NetBeans, IntelliJ IdeaC, without crashes or core dumps.  I've
actually used it to build itself.

I've made patches that can be applied against the current FreeBSD JDK8 port.
Which I've submitted for review and committing to the BSD repo.

Anyone interested can grab the patches and/or installable SDK and JRE builds
at: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz7VO-WP3rlpdGhMOUoyTG5TR1k

-Curtis