Date:      Sun, 6 Feb 2000 15:25:12 +0100 (MET)
From:      Daniel Forsgren <forda@ite.mh.se>
To:        fuckit <fuckit@subdimension.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help

On Sun, 6 Feb 2000, fuckit wrote:

> I downloaded the iso image (3.4-install.iso) and I burnt it to a new
> cd....and tried to boot off of it but it didnt boot...so now I have this
> 617mb iso image and I dont know what to do with it. I think its somthing
> to do with how i burnt it but i read on one of your readmes that "most
> windows burning software should handle it just fine" so now what?

You must enable "boot from CD first" in your BIOS setup (an older BIOS
might not have this option). If it still doesn't work you can create boot
floppies instead of booting from the CD, there are instructions on how to
do this in floppies\readme.txt on the CD. If you are able to browse the CD
from Winblows there is probably nothing wrong with it, anyway. (I've
successfully burnt bootable FBSD cds using default parameters in both
CDRWin and Nero).

/DF