Date:      Sun, 25 Feb 1996 08:50:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        robert@steffi.mnsinc.com
Cc:        coredump@nervosa.com, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: free-bsd

Robert Nicholson wrote:

> <coredump@nervosa.com> writes:
>
> >On 24 Feb 1996, Robert Nicholson wrote:
> >>Why is it I purchased the Free BSD 2.1 Jan 1996 CD-ROM for 19.95 the
> >>other day in my computer store?
> >>

> >Why is it that I drove to the store last night to get some milk?
>
> OK folks, I can see the humor in this. I was remarking on the price
> difference b/w what a I bought and what Walnut sell. Is support
> included at that price or something? I mean 19.95 is an excellent
> deal. It's like the InfoMagic Linux Developers Resource CD-ROM I saw
> for $16 that had three linux distributions on it.

	what a particular store will sell a standard product for
	is up to the store'w owners--free competitive market and
	all that.  you really need to ask them.  heck, the stroe
	i bought my bike from is running a sale.  i am sure i can
	get one from them cheaper than the builder.  the store has
	a different set of considerations than walnut creek.  shelf
	space is very expensive, warehouse/backroom space less so.