Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2000 00:14:16 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Getting at cardbus CIS data from inside drivers

> function its own CIS chain.  These CIS chains can live in
> configuration space, in memory space or the expansion ROM (which I
> assume is the same thing as the ROM BAR on function 0, but maybe I'm
> mistaken) and the bridge is responsible for properlly mapping the last
> two.
>
> The config space presents the biggest problem because we don't have
> any way to access it with the bus_space(9) functions, so special code
> is needed in the cardbus bus driver to know where to read from.

The code reading the CIS should be using callbacks into the
hardware-specific code, which will know how to read/write PCI
configuration space.

Having said that, there's a good argument to be made for adding PCI
configuration space as a new bus_space type.  Any thoughts on why this
might be a bad idea?