Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 2002 08:32:04 -0700
From:      Ryan Dooley <ryan@third-man.com>
To:        Tony <missing@nts.umd.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, aderry@umd.edu
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD backups w/ Tivoli TSM

Under Linux compatability, I've had really no success with version 4 or
5 of the TSM client.  The client seems to run, I've setup "virtualmountpoints"
in dsm.sys (or is that opt) because UFS isn't a valid file system that TSM
expects from a "Linux" client.  It fires off, for a backup, but then we
play the waiting game for a while.

I've managed  to backup my / parition (maybe about 512MB) but it took a few
days for that run to complete.

I've talked to Tivoli (via email) about getting native support for FreeBSD,
but that didn't seem to go any where.  *sigh*  Thanks Tivoli :-)

I can provide a (k)trace and/or truss of the client running if that
will help any.

I've just left myself to backing up a 953GB parition over NFS from a Linux
client (the data doesn't change often all over the place so it only takes
about two hours... let's hear it for dirhash :-)

Cheers,
	Ryan