Date:      03 Jan 1999 19:37:13 -0500
From:      "Robert V. Baron" <rvb@cs.cmu.edu>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   New boot blocks for serial console ...

You've forced me to use the new scheme.  I have a laptop with the
serial line on com2(0x2f8) and use 56700 baud.  A long time ago
I built a boot1/boot2 to do this.  In seems that things have changed
in the new scheme.  It looks like that in sys/boot/i386/Makefile, I
need to change:
B2SIOPRT?=      0x3f8
B2SIOFMT?=      0x3
B2SIODIV?=      0xc
B2SIOPRT?=      0x2f8
B2SIOFMT?=      0x3
B2SIODIV?=      0x2

This is a bit cryptic and could use a comment or two.

But there are more loaders today.  It looks like
	sys/boot/i386/libi386/comconsole.c
needs to be handed edited:
#define COMPORT         0x3f8
#define COMSPEED        9600
#define COMPORT         0x2f8
#define COMSPEED        57600

I guess that this should be pulled out to the makefile building the
lib.

The two files above are the only ones that contain "3f8" so I guess
that nothing else needs to be changed.