Date:      Tue, 21 Jul 1998 18:24:56 -0400
From:      Giao Nguyen <grail@sysabend.org>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Peter van Heusden <pvh@leftside.wcape.school.za>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape Directory API port?

Mike Smith said:

> > 1) Is anyone actively working on such a port already?
>
> You will want to talk with Giao Nguyen <grail@sysabend.org> who is
> carrying an LDAP torch at the moment.  I believe he's still working on
> the Umich server port, which needs a million patches.  He ought to be
> about ready with it though (*poke*).

I think that was a hint. :)

Thank you for reminding me though. I haven't been working on the umich
port proper as much as digesting RFC's and notes from the FreeBSD community
and others. It's just not right to get into something without fully
understanding it (note: Send that last comment to a certain software
company).

I am now approaching patch collection status. If you've got patches since
the last port owner was active, please send them my way. *Active* work will
commence once I've got it all (or a good sized chunk).

Giao