Date:      Sun, 13 Apr 1997 09:19:04 -0400
From:      "Jung, Michael" <mikej@finall.com>
To:        "'Bruce.Albrecht@seag.fingerhut.com'" <Bruce.Albrecht@seag.fingerhut.com>, "'terry@lambert.org'" <terry@lambert.org>, "'vanmaren@fast.cs.utah.edu'" <vanmaren@fast.cs.utah.edu>
Cc:        "'freebsd-smp@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-smp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Tyan ATX 1668

After escalating a problem with a 3940W & NT 4.0, Adaptec basically
duplicated
the problem, then Tyan, then Award.  We were shipped a AMI flash
for the Tomcat III and everything works great.

Please note that the problem we had was that any drives that were on
the second channel were not available to the OS.  Unfortunately the
machine is
in production and I can't do any testing with FreeBSD at this point.  I
just
wanted to let everyone know that AMI BIOS does exist.  As a last note,
we received the new flash last week 4/2/97.

--mikej
Michael Jung
mikej@finall.com