Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:19:11 +0200
From:      Adrian Steinmann <ast@marabu.ch>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   rarpd on laptops doesn't find interfaces, fix at http://www.webgroup.ch/ast/rarpd/

FreeBSD rarpd returns "no interfaces" on say, laptops, which have
removable Ethernet NICs.

This can be corrected by replacing the SIOCGIFCONF ioctl() in the
init() routine with getifaddrs(). OpenBSD rarpd.c (version 1.29)
does it this way and hence I ported that version to -stable
retrofitting the few extra options we support under FreeBSD.

This directory contains the ported rarpd.c and modified manpages
as well as the original OpenBSD and FreeBSD versions.

This has been tested on IBM ThinkPAD laptops with ep and xe PCMCIA
network cards on -stable (to netboot Sun systems;-).

I've submited this change request and it's filed under

I'd be very much obliged if someone would review it and possibly
commit it to our tree.

Adrian