Date:      Wed, 3 Dec 1997 19:02:58 -0600 (CST)
From:      Kevin Day <toasty@home.dragondata.com>
To:        jak@cetlink.net (John Kelly)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0 -release ?

> On Wed, 3 Dec 1997 17:43:11 -0600 (CST), Kevin Day
> <toasty@home.dragondata.com> wrote:
>
> >But you are correct in assuming that you are going to lose market share by
> >waiting.
>
> How can you even call it a "market" when it's free?  Walnut Creek is
> never going to become a Microsoft by selling FreeBSD CD-ROMs for $39,
> even if they sell a blue million of 'em.

No. I'm not talking about Walnut Creek. :)

I just mean that if there wasn't a SMP kernel available anywhere, I would
have moved to Linux, and probably switched all my machines.

If I didn't feel comfortable paying with experimental software, I wouldn't
have tried at all, and definately gone with Linux.

I'm saying that I think it would be a shame to lose FreeBSD users because of
a lack of features that other OS's have, and no-one has even given a rough
date that these features will be available.

Kevin