Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2012 19:04:34 -0500
From:      Zaphod Beeblebrox <zbeeble@gmail.com>
To:        Andre Oppermann <andre@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 9.1-RC3 IGB dropping connections.

To Jack Vogel's comment, this problem only seems to occur on systems
that are exceedingly lightly loaded (in this case, not yet in
production and I'm the only one using it).

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 6:21 PM, Andre Oppermann <andre@freebsd.org> wrote:

> r243570 in CURRENT should likely fix this issue.  It's only 27 hours old
> and hasn't been MFC'd yet.

I'm not sure this addresses what I'm seeing.  It's a pause the the
traffic in the shell that is "fixed" by causing some traffic on the
return channel (watching for the pause --- and then hitting enter a
few times seems to fix it).  I'd expect that TCP retransmission should
take care of this regularly  ... but in this case, it doesn't... for
whatever reason ...