Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 03:28:25 +0000
From:      Yoriaki FUJIMORI <fujimori@grafin.fujimori.cache.waseda.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Cc:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Subject:   Re: Does FreeBSD run on UP1100?

Dear Drew,
Thank you very much for your responce.  I'll try running FreeBSD4.2R
on it near future.
To be exact, I am planning to get a skelton system for a Linux/Alpha
cluster.  One Alpha vendor in Tokio is promoting a cheap system
around Yen200K (about USD1700.)  Its spec is 21264a/600MHz, 2mb cache,
64MB memory, one VGA card and ATAHDD blah...  Any way, the cheapest one
I could find on earth.
I was not interested in UP1100 a while ago, for it can accomodate only
upto 768MB memory, and I thought that UP1100 could run only Linux.
Recently I started thinking about building an Alpha-based cluster system
in my lab.
# PVM3 on FreeBSD/Alpha seems to be buggy, though.

Yoriaki Fujimori