Date:      Sun, 24 Nov 1996 18:11:57 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Merge is ready.

Hi,

The SMP src/sys merge is now complete.

  The system console is very broken for some motherboards. If you experience
problems replace i386/include/console.h and i386/isa/syscons.c with:

v 1.25 i386/include/console.h
v 1.186 i386/isa/syscons.c

both are in: http://freefall.freebsd.org/~fsmp/SMP/files/fixcons.tar.gz

---
Features:

  Speed improvements for single task execution.

  Initial support for "mixed-mode" APIC/8259 INTerrupt control.

  EISA boards now appear to work.

  APIC_LAZY is now the default for "options APIC_IO".

---
As always, get reports to us ASAP.  In particular we need to know about
console problems.  Be sure to tell us about your hardware specifics,
PS/2 mouse port or not, PS/2 mouse installed, etc.

If you haven't tested "options APIC_IO" on your hardware yet you might want
to do it now.  I'm going to throw the switch on that one soon, and I don't
want to here from everyone saying I didn't give ample warning!

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD